Our activities fully resume in September
In the meantime we are still here for you.
- Our sight loss help line is open Tuesday to Friday, 10am to 4pm: 01423 565915
- Our resource centre is open for appointments
- Our Vision Support Advisors are here to support you
- If you are new to sight loss or have recently been diagnosed with a serious eye condition and would like someone to talk to for practical and emotional support and advice, our Eye Clinic Liaison Officer is available for telephone and 1:1 appointments.
- You can also contact us via email on our usual address email@example.com
- If you are experiencing vision loss you can join our membership (free) by phoning our helpline or by filling in our membership form and sending it to Vision Support Harrogate District, 23 East Parade, Harrogate, HG1 5LF. You will receive a regular newsletter, invites to demonstration days and social occasions and be able to access our regular activities and extra support services.
We are an independent, local charity
Established in 1921, Vision Support Harrogate District exists to support visually impaired people in Harrogate, Ripon and the surrounding district. We seek to enable visually impaired people to live independently and provide opportunities to meet and interact with other visually impaired people. We offer Information Technology training; provide advice on the help that is available; information on what being visually impaired means; opportunities to socialise, develop, or re-awaken craft skills. In addition to activities in the Centre, the Society undertakes home visits and runs a telephone befriending service to help tackle social isolation. We have regular contact with over 300 visually impaired people, as well as being a point of contact for 400 more. The Society is entirely funded by voluntary donations and our work is made possible by the contribution of many volunteers. If you would like to visit us, give to us, join us to use the service or to volunteer, this website will help you.
We may be a small team, but boy we can get things done!
Tanya has been a member of Vision Support since 1997, beginning her role as Director in 2016
Sue is the newest edition to our team. Sue works hard behind the scenes ensuring that the rest of the team have the time and resources to deliver our services and activities.
Lauren is our Eye Clinic Liaison Officer and supports people who are newly diagnosed or are experiencing sight loss.
Sue visits members in their own homes, assessing needs and offering information and support. Sue is also our voted for Trip Team Leader.
Charlotte visits members in their own homes, assessing needs & offering support & information.
Our wonderful volunteers are the life blood of our charity and provide all the activities and staff support. Without them we wouldn't be able to carry on the vital work we do.